Indian Road Safety Campaign (IRSC) is organizing a two-day International Conference on Safer Mobility 2019(ICSM 19) on May 30-31 at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi. The conference is supported by NITI Aayog, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH), Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs(MoHUA), and United Nations Institute of Training and Research (UNITAR).
Raising awareness among the road users with the help of engaging programs is the main objective of this conference. It may be mentioned that despite considerable progress towards road safety, India is still losing 1.48 lakh lives in road accidents. So, delegates will hear from key policy makers and leading and experienced academics who are delivering their insights while addressing the issue, followed by an exhibition, seeral competitions and workshops.
The conference is expected to have participation from a cross-section of stakeholders and includes Policy makers, Researchers, Law Enforcement Officers, Advisers, Engineers and Innovators, Community Leaders, and Student Leaders. There will be a number of interesting talks covering range of topics, discussions, workshops, presentations and networking opportunities throughout the span of two days. The conference will be a great opportunity to share common concern as well as share experience and build a network.
Vice president Venkaiah Naidu in a special message has wished the conference well. Klas Molin; Ambassador – Embassy of Sweden, Amitabh Kant; CEO – NITI Aayog, Anil Srivastava; Principal Advisor – NITI Aayog, Durga Shanker Mishra; Secretary – Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Shakuntala D.Gamlin; Secretary – Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Shri Abhay Damle; Joint Secretary – Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH), Anju Bhalla; Joint Secretary – Department of Science and Technology (DST) are among the speakers in the conference.
The agenda of the conference includes:
- Panel Discussions on Role of corporates in Road Safety, Role of NGOs in Road Safety, Approach of various central government & bodies, Role of Journalism in Road Safety, Scope of latest innovations in Road Safety and Approach of various state government and bodies are being organised as a means of influencing the public to behave more safely in traffic.
- National Level Competitions such as IDEATHON, Case Study Challenge etc. are also being organised for the college students providing them with a myriad of opportunities.
- Finale of iSAFE’18; A 9-month long championship held annually for 1500 schools and colleges in collaboration with MoRTH and UNITAR.
- Providing appropriate traffic education to road users, focusing on survival and aiding skills will automatically result in reduction of road crashes or injuries. Therefore workshops on First Responder Training, Defensive Driving Training, Safe System Approach and Crash Data Analysis is also being organised as a part of the two-day conference.
- Exhibition by NGO’s, Innovators, iSAFE Finalists and Corporate partners.
If you wish to know more about the conference, kindly click here or call at +91-8141972275.
To know more, visit- http://ww2.road-safety.co.in/ICSM19/
Register now as a Delegate – http://iitd.info/ICSM2019Full
#ICSM 2019 #Conference #RoadSafety