The Ministry of Youth Affair and Sports, having responded to Prime Minister’s call for a ‘Fit India Movement’ has launched Fit India School Rating for schools to integrate Fitness as an essential part of School Education. The level of Fit India School Rating will depend on how much importance the school gives for inculcating Fitness among its students and teachers in addition to the facilities available for Fitness Activities. As such a few simple parameters have been designed for this purpose.
There are two ratings—3 Star and 5 Star, which the schools can take for themselves depending on the their fulfilling the criteria. For FIT INDIA SCHOOL Rating, the school would certify itself and will register online at ww.fitindia.gov.in.
On registration, an online Certificate would be issued to the School recognizing it with the permission to use Fit India Logo and Fit India Flag. For FIT INDIA 3-Star or 5-Star Rating the school would have to apply online at www.fitindia.gov.in. The Fit India Mission would verify the claim and thereafter will issue an online Certificate and Commendation Letter. The hard copy of the Certificate and Letter would be sent by post.
As per a CBSE circular, FIT INDIA is going to be included for the Prime Minister’s Award also and it is likely that the Fit India 5-Star Schools would be felicitated during the Republic Day and Independence Day functions at respective State level.
Fit India School – Parameters
- Having one Teacher trained in PE, and such teacher is Physically Fit and active
- Having a playground where two or more outdoor games can be played
- Having one PE period each day for every class and physical activities (sports, Dance, Games, and Yoga, etc.) take place during the class
- Having all students spending minimum 60 minutes or more on physical activities daily
Fit India Three – Star School – Parameters – The following additional parameters would apply:
- All teachers to be Physically Fit and spending 60 minutes or more everyday for physical activities
- School has at least two trained Teachers (including one PET), and each well versed with at least two sports.
- Sports facilities for four sports including the two outdoor sports
- Every student learns and plays two sports – one of which could be a traditional/indigenous/local gam
Five – Star School – Parameters :-
- School conducts monthly Intra-school sports competitions, participates in Inter-school Sports Competition and celebrates Annual Sports Day
- All teachers are trained in PE.
- School has two or more sports Coaches. These may be PE teachers
- School follows structured PE Curriculum prescribed by NCERT/ Board
- School conducts Annual Fitness Assessment of all children.
- School opens its playground(s) after school hours for neighboring communities for its active use (Reasonable fee can be levied for maintenance and security)