A joint initiative with Anna University and Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation, the Company plans to train One Lakh Engineering Students in Tamil Nadu through Hackathons
IIT Madras and IIM Ahmedabad-incubated company GUVI has launched an initiative to train one lakh engineering students in Tamil Nadu through a series of hackathons.
Called ‘Naan Mudhalvan-Tamil Nadu Coders Premier League’ (NM-TNcpl), the Company has partnered with ‘Naan Mudhalvan’ initiative of the Government of Tamil Nadu, Anna University and the Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation.
The NM-TNcpl is a series of online and offline hackathons, which over three months will provide a platform for ambitious engineering students of Tamil Nadu to exhibit their coding skills while gaining valuable upskilling opportunities, completely free of cost. Through this hackathon series, students will attempt to solve the problem statements of various departments of the Government of Tamil Nadu and provide innovative tech solutions to tackle them.
Interested engineering college students from any domain can participate in NM-TNcpl. They can register, free of cost, using the following link – https://bit.ly/3ZJhjsw
GUVI empowers career aspirants of IT and software jobs through self-paced learning tech courses, ZEN class career programs, and other vernacular EdTech services. The Company has created an online platform for students to learn in their mother tongues and also offers specialised IT courses to upskill and make them ‘job ready’.
The KSR Educational Institutions in Tiruchengode, and Annapoorana Engineering College in Salem, among other colleges, have partnered with GUVI to be the nodal centres in launching this Massive Hackathon series.
Highlighting the importance of this initiative, Arun Prakash M, Founder and CEO, GUVI, said, “NM-TNcpl is a milestone in our journey to empower the youth of Tamil Nadu and beyond. I have always believed in the transformative power of technology and education. Our team has started this journey with a mission to make quality tech education accessible to all, and NM-TNcpl is a testament to our commitment.”
The Key Benefits of Joining GUVI’s NM-TNcpl include:
- Free Upskilling Courses: Participants gain access to free premium courses from GUVI, enabling them to hone their skills at no cost. This free opportunity promotes inclusivity, making education & skills accessible to a wide range of students.
- Expert Mentorship: Those who qualify for level 1 will receive mentorship from experts in top product companies, ensuring quality guidance, and access to greater opportunities
- Showcase Talent: The program shortlists top-performing teams, giving them a platform to showcase their talents in technology and programming.
GUVI’s NM-TNcpl has top companies and market leaders as hiring partners, providing students valuable exposure to potential employers in the tech industry.
- Networking Opportunities: Participants get to engage with like-minded individuals and industry experts, expanding their professional network.
- Rewarding Prizes: Besides the learning & competing experience, this grand event offers cash prizes and internship opportunities, making it rewarding in multiple ways for participating teams with outstanding excellence.