IITM Pravartak and Sony India will jointly select the students for the Finishing School Training Program to impart industry-ready skills in the tech skill areas. Training will be given in select disciplines such as AI/ML, Product Security, and Computer Graphics. This program is being offered completely free of cost. Select students will also be provided stipends through this program based on fixed criteria.
The second batch of the training program will commence during the third week of January 2024. The last date to apply is 10th January 2024. Those interested can register through the following link – https://sonyfs.pravartak.org.in/registration
Further details about the course can be obtained from the following website – https://sonyfs.pravartak.org.in.
IITM Pravartak Technologies Foundation is a Section 8 Company housing a Technology Innovation Hub on Sensors, Networking, Actuators and Control Systems. It is funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, under its National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems and hosted by IIT Madras.
Highlighting the importance of this initiative, Balamurali Shankar, General Manager, Digital Skills Academy – IIT Madras Pravartak Technologies Foundation, said, “This program was offered in 2023 in similar technologies. Most of the students got placed in top IT/ITES organisations and start-ups. We plan to extend this program in 2024 aiming to benefit deserving learners nationwide. This initiative aims to propel them forward in their chosen career paths by addressing the gap between the knowledge and skills of graduate students and the industry’s demands.”.
The eligibility criteria to apply are:
- Applicants should have an Engineering degree in ECE, CSE & EEE degree (only) with a minimum 60% aggregate.
- The training is for the students who passed out in 2021-2022, and 2022-23. A stipend will also be offered to eligible students.
- The selection will be based on criteria such as Academic performance, Parental Income, and the student’s performance in an entrance exam on aptitude/analytical test followed by an interview.
- Entrance Examinations will be conducted at select centresin Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Maharashtra.
- The total number of students selected will be restricted to 30 only.
- All interested students should register themselves to get a notification regarding the written test/interview.
At the end of the program, Sony India will induct few top performers following their due process. IITM Pravartak will assist the remaining students with placement in other companies by arranging for their interviews through the IITM Pravartak placement cell. These companies might offer these students full-time jobs based on their performance.