Indian Space Research Organisation is organising a special programme for School Children called “Young Scientist Programme” “YUva VIgyani KAryakram”, YUVIKA, has announced registrations for this year. The programme aims to select 150 students across the country, who are studying in class IX as on March 01, 2022 in a school located within the territory of India.
The YUVIKA – 2022 residential programme will be of two weeks duration during summer holidays (May 16-28, 2022) and the schedule will include invited talks, experience sharing by the eminent scientists, experimental demonstration, facility and lab visits, exclusive sessions for discussions with experts, practical and feedback sessions.
The registration process of YUVIKA – 2022 includes total four steps. Candidates are advised to go through each step carefully. It is advised to complete the registration process at earliest. The candidate has to complete all four steps for completing the registration. Incomplete application without attempting quiz and uploading the certificates will not be considered.
STEP 1: E-mail Registration for YUVIKA- 2022.
STEP 2: Read the quiz instructions. Appear in the online quiz within 48 hours of e-mail registration for YUVIKA – 2022.
STEP 3: Login to YUVIKA portal minimum after 60 minutes from quiz submission and fill all the information correctly. Submit the online application form and download the submitted form.
STEP 4: Upload the signed copy and all the required certificates before last date of registration.
The selection of participant will be on the basis of following parameters:
- Marks obtained in Class ‘VIII’ examination.
- Participation in science fair (school / district / state & above level organised by school / district / state / Central government authority) in last three years.
- Prize in Olympiad / Science competitions and equivalent (1 to 3 rank in last 3 years at school / district / state & above level) in last three years.
- Winner of sports competitions conducted by School / Govt. / Institutions / Registered Sports federation (1 to 3 rank in last 3 years at school / district / state & above level) in last three years. Winner of online games will not be considered.
- Member of Scout and guides / NCC / NSS in last three years.
- Performance in online quiz.
- A special weightage to students studying in school located in panchayat area will be provided.
A minimum participation will be ensured from each State / UT. The programme is planned at five centres of ISRO viz. Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram, U. R. Rao Satellite Centre (URSC), Bengaluru, Space Application Centre (SAC), Ahmedabad, National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Hyderabad and North-East Space Application Centre (NE-SAC), Shillong. Towards, the end of the project, students will be taken to visit of Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota. Expenditure towards the travel of student (II AC fare by train from nearest Rly Station to the reporting centre and back), course material, lodging and boarding etc., during the entire course will be borne by ISRO. II AC train fare will also be provided to one guardian / parent for drop and pick up of student from the reporting centre. In case the student / parent have not avail the II AC train, the reimbursement of fare will be limited to II AC train fare.
- Opening of Registration: March 10, 2022, 10:30 a.m.
- Closing of Registration: April 10, 2022, 04:00 p.m.
- Announcement of provisional selection list for YUVIKA – 2022 : April 20, 2022