- Management education sector will seek greater and vibrant linkages with the industry. At the same time, general full time MBA will still continue but will face more challenges of relevance from the industry. Programs in the executive education space with industry sponsorship are likely to become more prominent. Programs or courses modelled on company-specific offerings linked with preferred placement opportunities for students enrolling for such programs or courses will find increasing favour from business schools. Demand for shorter and domain specific courses within established programmes will escalate in domains such as Analytics.
- As many would-be pass-outs from business schools are getting inclined to have their own start-up business, the demand for courses which help budding entrepreneurs to get established will grow.
- There will be a perceptible shift in pedagogy towards case-based teaching, a trend which has been already visible in the recent years. There will be a greater focus on India-centric cases as the students are able to more closely relate themselves to Indian situations.
- Much has been written about MOOCS (Massively Open On-line Courses) model of education in the previous years, but this trend has not caused significant disruption in the traditional model of delivering business education. However, delivery of executive learning programmes through technology based platforms will find increasing acceptability and growth.
- The clamour among business schools for higher rankings in the rankings published by reputed ranking agencies will intensify due to its direct impact on the inclination of prospective students to opt for better ranked institutes. Business schools will increasingly invest in getting themselves accredited through reputed accreditation agencies. They will also substantially invest in aggressive social media campaigns to reinforce their brand identity to attract students.
- The year 2016 will also see further consolidation in the business school sector in response to the regulatory pressures by Prof Surinder Batra, Dean Academics and Professor at IMT Ghaziabad
Home Higher Education Management Education Top Trends in the Business of Management Education in 2016
Applicants have to register at www.comedk.org or www.unigauge.com . The application proces…
NIUA and BvLF launch Infant, Toddler and Caregiver-Friendly Neighbourhoods Training & Capacity Building ProgrammeNational Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) in partnership with Bernard van Leer Foundation…
Load More Related Articles
The message at the annual (5th) conference & exposition of the Indian chapter of the S…
On December 21, the 5200th birth anniversary of Bhavad Gita, Delhi-based motivational spea…
Ranking Musings! MHRD announces Scheme for rankings of higher education institutions, Global rankers also ready to titillate Indian universitiesIn April 2016, India will publish its first-ever national rankings of institutions of high…
Load More In Management Education